I am very happy to report that after nearly a week of being very under the weather, things are starting to look up. I got myself from LA to Santa Cruz on Friday, and my Saturday demo at Chefworks went very well (if you’re in the area, they have half a dozen signed copies of the new book). I spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with my very oldest friend (we first met when he was five and I was just a few hours old), in his charming apartment. That’s his kitchen pictured above. I covet both the build-in and the giant old sink. Now, some links.
- Dilled carrot sticks, with a very clever shortcut.
- Heritage pickled eggs, and a peek into Christine’s pH testing process.
- Pickled ramps and ramp butter (tis the season!).
- Shortbread tarts with meyer lemon curd.
- Prune, oat, and spelt scones.
- Buckwheat walnut cookies.
- Tahini beet snack bars.
- Falafel scramble (so smart!).
- Did you long for that sturdy stainless steel ladle from Villagers that I wrote about a few weeks ago? Ashley at Small Measure currently has a 20% off code for online purchases from Villagers that is good until end of day Wednesday. Use it while it’s still good!
- Want to take a canning-centric vacation? Consider signing up for the 2016 Freckled Hen Canning Workshop.
- Have you ever wondered about making yogurt in an Instant Pot? Thanks to Cheryl, you can wonder no longer!
- We are at the precipice of a sugar shortage! One solution? Can with natural sweeteners!
The winner of last week’s giveaway of Jess Fechtor’s Stir is #45/Lyra Leigh. If you didn’t win, please do try and get your hands on this book. It’s such a good read.