What a good weekend it was! A dear friend from my early days in Philly came to town. We ate Indian food, shopped the Italian Market, and hit one of South Jersey’s best thrift stores. On Saturday evening, we put out the cheese and cured meats we’d bought earlier in the day, raided my fridge for pickles and preserves (and you better believe, there was a lot to choose from) and laid everything out on the coffee table. Another long-time friend came to join us and spent six hours catching up, drinking wine, and eating our spread. It was joyful.
- Life lessons through homemade marmalade.
- Candied clementines.
- Purim is coming and that means that it’s hamantaschen season. Here are a few good examples.
- Strawberry meyer lemon marmalade.
- The what and why of pickling salt.
- Savory ideas from chefs on how to use up your jam odds and ends.
- A pickled beet photo essay (so pretty!).
- Smoky paprika cheddar crackers.
- Kraut melt!
- I am intrigued by these oatmeal cookies because the secret ingredient is a raisin puree.
- Bircher muesli.
- I love the sourdough starter series that Amanda has been running on Phickle. She’s topped it off with a Tartine Bread giveaway and there’s still time to enter.
- A few months ago, I was a guest on the newly launched podcast, The Dinner Special. My episode is finally up and you can listen here.
Time for the winners of last week’s iLid giveaway. Thanks to our friendly neighborhood randomizer, the two lucky folks are #192/Kathleen and #274/Corrie. I’ll be in touch with both the winners shortly to get your information.
For those of you that didn’t win but were tempted by the iLid design, make sure to look for them at your local co-op or order them online!