This weekend was about family and book work. My extended family gathered at my cousin’s house on Friday night for our Seder. Saturday was devoted to hunkering down in my local coffee shop to work on the book draft. And on Sunday, my mother-in-law came over for a simple Easter brunch.
I like nothing more than food, family, and productivity, so I had a very lovely time. I hope your weekends were equally good and balanced! Now, links!
- Has your kefir started to separate? Make marinated kefir balls!
- If you’ve struggled to make homemade nut butters, you’ll appreciate the pictures in this post. They should give you the confidence to just keep going!
- Thinly sliced raw pickled beets with ginger.
- A friend gave me a third of a pound of fresh horseradish from her garden this week, just as another friend recommended this carrot citrus horseradish. A true match made in heaven!
- Meyer lemon marmalade with tart cherry juice! Such a glorious color!
- Pantry porn, at its finest.
- A visual guide to canning.
- Quick pickled purple cabbage.
- Apparently, fermenting sunchokes makes them go down without gastric distress!
- Homemade gluten-free matzo.
- Some oil topped pickle tips from the great Linda Ziedrich.
I so enjoyed reading all your straw stories last week during the Glass Dharma giveaway. The three people who won the $25 gift certificates are #77/Julie Parker, #139/Rebecca, #168/Anita. If you didn’t win, make sure to check out their Earth Day straw giveaway (all you have to do is pay shipping)!