It was another busy week around these parts. I did a bunch of work, had my 35th birthday, got the stomach flu, and drove to Western Massachusetts to spend the weekend with friends. I would have liked to have skipped the stomach flu portion of the itinerary, but those sorts of things are typically out of our control. Happily, it was a blessedly short lived bug and I’m back to normal. Now, links!
- Pickle-infused vodka. Color me intrigued.
- Ramp season is coming to an end. Try them done up as a lemon pepper pickled or in a sweet and savory jam with fennel.
- Quick pickled asparagus. Always a good one this time of year.
- Another seasonal specialty is pickled fiddlehead ferns. I spotted fiddleheads in early today at the co-op in Northampton, so they’re still around in some areas.
- And if that wasn’t enough pickle-themed things, there’s always pickled chard stems. They’re good in just about any season.
- Lavender honey simple syrup. Yes.
- Rosemary rhubarb jam. It’s a good’un.
- Victorian barbecue sauce (sounds a lot like a less vinegar-y version of rhubarb chutney to me).
- I have half a jar of tahini in my fridge and plan on making Rebecca’s chocolate tahini tea cake as soon as I get home.
- Kaela’s written the next post in sugar series and it’s fascinating. You should read it (part one is here).
- Lyn has written a great series about canning with kids for Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution Day. It is in four parts and is all good (1, 2, 3, 4).
- The Sweethome posted a review of food storage containers this week and I thought it was incredibly well though out and tested. If you’re in the market for some new containers, make sure to give it a glance.
My book got a bit of internet love this week. Here’s who mentioned it.
- Alana wrote about her lemon tree and shared my recipe for meyer lemon lavender marmalade. She also announced the workshop we’re teaching together in the fall, so make sure to read her post through to the end.
- Over at Geekadelphia, Michelle says many nice things about my book and makes the ramp greens kimchi.
The weekly giveaway returned last Tuesday with the Joy of Cooking app! Here are the lucky winners (I’ll be in touch shortly!).