For most of November and all of December, I felt well and truly bogged down and overwhelmed but with the arrival of 2014, I’m feeling a welcome sense of lightness. I’ve been taking advantage of this wave of new energy by restarting my nearly nine-year-old personal blog (it doesn’t have much of a design at the moment, but the content is what’s important, I think) and trying to be more on top of the content I write here. Fingers crossed that I can keep it up! Now, links.
- Attention cheese lovers! Madame Fromage is hosting another Cheese Ball and this one isn’t just a party. It’s a cave raising to benefit Birchrun Hills Farm and their campaign to build a cheese cave on their property. There will be a world of cheese, a number of pickles and preserves (including a number from my pantry), and a very great deal of fun.
- When I was in Portland, I had the opportunity to visit the Multnomah Whisky Library and drink a transcendently good hot toddy. I’ve been dabbling in making my own at home and am loving this recipe from Deena at Mostly Foodstuffs.
- I do so love this recipe for savory slab pie from Smitten Kitchen. Such a good idea for brunches.
- An interesting discussion of mustard oil and its ingestability. It’s a traditional ingredient in mostarda, it’s not always easy to come by in the US.
- As someone without a fireplace or even a gas stove, I loved this technique for indoor s’mores.
- Cherry pecan chocolate granola bars. I wish there was in my hand this very second.
- I love this post about the subversive nature of apple butter.
- Struggle finding good ways to store your home preserves? Check out this Kickstarter from folks who have come up with a unique jar hanging system!
There’s no giveaway winner tonight because the current giveaway is still going on. If you haven’t entered yet, click over to this post and leave a comment.