Scott and I are back home after a lovely week away. We started our trip in Brooklyn (where I was teaching a trio of classes), and then spent the rest of our time road tripping around Pennsylvania (Lancaster! Jim Thorpe! Milford!). It was a really good break from regular life and I’m feeling entirely refreshed and ready to dive back into work. But first, links!
- For the last couple weeks, Camille at Wayward Spark has been documenting her 2013 canning and preserving. It’s a fabulous series and you should check it out. So far, she’s featured fruit leather, cherry plum sauce, fridge pickles, and corn relish. Also, if you’re swimming in beets, make sure to cook up a batch of her honey pickled beets.
- While I’m not entirely ready for autumn fruit, these juicy pears in maple syrup are speaking to me.
- A much-tested recipe for homemade ketchup.
- A technique for water bath canned grape leaves.
- Glorious white peach and vanilla jam.
- Take care of all your winter-time enchilada cravings with homemade salsa verde.
- Dolgo crabapples. I’d never heard of them before reading this post, but now I want some desperately.
- The guys at The Bitten Word have done their annual tomato canning and the pictures are really fun.
- Hate watery salsa? Then this might be the recipe for you. And while you’re over at 6512 and Growing, read this too.
Time for winners! I just loved reading all your stories of your lunch boxes, packed lunches, and the many of you who had notes from your parents tucked in next to your sandwiches. We had ten winners and so here they are:
- #15 – Linn
- #42 – Angela Walters
- #315 – Karen
- #350 – Jamie
- #379 – Sue
- #423 – Lynne
- #448 – Meagan
- #576 – Kiki
- #711 – Robyn
- #720 – Sara
Stay tuned, because I’ll have another great giveaway up tomorrow afternoon!