Friends, I’m writing this dispatch from a hotel room in Brooklyn. Scott and I dashed up here yesterday so that I could teach a trio of classes over Saturday, Sunday and Monday at The Brooklyn Kitchen. On Tuesday, we head back to Pennsylvania for a little end of August road trip. I have a few posts that will be going up over the week while I’m away, but I’m not going to be as ever-present in the comments and over email as I often am. Please do cut me some slack and know that I’ll do my best to catch up and answer questions when I get back after Labor Day.
- Got more canning jar rings than you know what to do with? Tie them up with string!
- Need a little help with your tomato sauce making? This tutorial from The Kitchn is here to help!
- Isn’t this peach and cornmeal cake pretty?
- Wild plum jam! I do with there was a little more feral fruit in my life.
- Peach ketchup. A condiment worth making.
- Oh, black currant jam. I long for it.
- Ginger peach preserves. Another take on Canbassador fruit.
- Kate, the original Hip Girl, goes for a super small batch of jam.
- Wouldn’t it be fun to spread these overnight oatcakes with a nice layer of jam?
- A useful tip about how to pack your freezer for food safety.
Thanks so much to everyone to entered the Sur La Table giveaway last week. The winner is #750/Leigh. Thanks again to Sur La Table for the goodies!
Make sure to check back in tomorrow, as I’ll have another fun giveaway up for you all.