Thanks to everyone for your patience during this transition to the new site. I had intended to get this post up on Sunday night but we started the server shift and I missed my window. I spent yesterday at the Fancy Food Show in New York and got home late, nearly dizzy with exhaustion, with no brain power left. So here we are, midway through Tuesday and I just getting up my links and winners. Such is life, sometimes!
- I love this post about how to build your own summer salad with what you already have in your fridge and pantry.
- Make your own mason jar themed notebook. Perfect for tracking your summer canning.
- Never before have pickled veg looked prettier than this sandwich slaw.
- Preserved rose petals. Gorgeous!
- It’s been awhile since I made ghee. I think it’s time to bring it back, as it’s such a nice cooking oil to have on hand.
- I have long been a fan of Kevin West’s blog, Saving the Season. His new book is beautiful and I love this Morning Edition story from this last Saturday in which he was featured.
- Garlic scape infused vinegar. Do it while scapes are still available!
- If you’ve still got strawberries, save the scrapes and make a little cordial.
Time for the winners of last week’s Cuppow giveaway! It was really fun to read about all your favorite summer drinks and coolers!