Sometime last week, I misplaced my blogging groove. Too many freelance deadlines combined with a need to tackle the mess that was our apartment before a canner’s potluck took me away from this space. But I’ll be around more this week, which at least one new recipe, some Canning 101 goodness, and a subversive tutorial. Here a few links to tide you over until them.
- Thumbprint cookies. Always a good way to use up overset jam.
- Got any peaches left? Make this peach ketchup!
- Cold processed fruit syrups. This technique sounds perfectly brilliant.
- Have you made fermented pickles yet? This post will have you dashing out for cucumbers.
- Oh, this raisin focaccia. I’d like a hunk right now.
- Vanilla almond sunflower seed butter. Make it at home. Eat it on toast.
- Baked ricotta cheese. Best eaten with a dollop of tomato jam and a hunk crusty bread.
- I am of the school of thought that believes that one can never have too many banana bread recipes. This cocoa one is going on the list immediately.
- Finally, an old link, but a good one nonetheless. Make up this honey lemon ginger concentrate to keep in the fridge for soothing the scratchy throats that so often come with autumn and the change of season.