Since turning in the book draft on Wednesday, I’ve slept a little more than normal, gone for a couple extended walks along the river, made nettle pesto (more on that soon), and wandered through two farmers markets. I have a busy start to the coming week, but my birthday (36!) is Thursday and I plan to do nothing but fun things. Now, some links.
- The story of shrubs parts 1 and 2.
- Foraging ramps. Pickled ramps. Ramp powder.
- Golden sauerkraut.
- Apricot apple honey butter.
- Mexican pickled red onions.
- Rye crispbreads. Chocolate rye sandwich cookies.
- How to put a sourdough starter on hold.
- How to make mustard.
- Rhubarb yogurt cake. Rhubarb raspberry crumb cake.
- Flourless thumbprint cookies.
In the madness of finishing the book manuscript, I never managed to post the winners in the Will It Waffle giveaway from a few weeks ago. The US winner is #190/Laura and the Canadian winner is #210/Anne. And don’t forget about the Orchard Road giveaway. It’s open until Tuesday.