Like so many others, when I heard that Jennie Perillo’s husband had died suddenly, my heart ached for her and her girls. I made peanut butter pie in solidarity and when Bloggers Without Borders started up their fundraising campaign, I knew I wanted to participate in some way.
In light of my recent layoff, money is tighter for me than it used to be. But happily, I am not without resources. I am rich when it comes to jam.
I have pulled nine half pints of jam off my shelves to create a collection to auction. If you can’t read the lids, here’s what’s included:
- Apricot-Red Chili (a spicy variation on the Apricot-Rosemary)
- Tomato Jam (yes, THAT tomato jam)
- Blueberry Maple (my take on this recipe)
- Strawberry Lemon (a variation on this recipe)
- Fig Jam (last year’s version of this jam)
- Shiro Plum with Ginger (haven’t managed to post this one anywhere yet)
- Sweet Cherry Jam (from the cookbook!)
- Sour Cherry Jam (my most precious preserve)
- Cara Cara Orange-Ginger Marmalade (another one from the cookbook)
Instead of taking ever-increasing bids on this item, here’s how I want to do this. If you’re interested in this assortment of homemade jam, between now and 11:59 p.m. (that’s eastern time) on Monday, August 29, you are going to click on the badge below and donate at least $25 (though I strongly encourage you to give as generously as you are able). That’s an incredible bargain for all that jam.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll scroll down and fill out the form below so that I can easily track all the donations and get in contact with the winner once selected. On Tuesday, August 30, I’ll use Random.org to select an auction winner. I will carefully wrap each jar and ship them to said winner at my own expense.
All donations go to Blogggers Without Borders, a non-profit that is managing the fund for Jennie.
Don’t forget to check out some of the other amazing items that are currently up for auction, including an assortment of wine from Sean Timberlake, an incredible assortment of preserves from Kate at Snowflake Kitchen and so much more.