International Can-It-Forward Day is in less than a week (Friday, July 22), but there’s still plenty of time to get in on the action. The first thing you want to do is sign the participation pledge. This will ensure that you’ll get email updates about the live stream schedule and you’ll also get a coupon good for $5 off on the Fresh Preserving website.
There are so many reasons to tune in on Friday. You’ll get lots of great canning information and tips. There will be tons of giveaways on Twitter throughout the day. And, you’ll be supporting five small non-profits.
For every like, share, reaction and comment on the Can-It-Forward Day Facebook Live videos on July 22, Ball Canning will donate $1 to the following local charities (up to $1000 per charity):
- Southside Middle School Panther Pantry (Muncie, Indiana) selected by Jarden Home Brands
- The Food Trust (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) selected by Marisa McClellan (that’s me!)
- EnrichLA (Los Angeles, California) selected by Linda Ly, Garden Betty
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee (Nashville, Tennessee) selected by Angie Holden, The Country Chic Cottage
- Food Lifeline (Seattle, Washington) selected by Malia Karlinsky, Yesterday on Tuesday
The demonstrations will start at 10 am and run until 3:30 pm (I’m on at 2 pm). Hope to see you all then!