Next week, I’m participating in an event that’s a bit outside my regular sphere. It’s a panel discussion put on by Industree called Hail to the V and it features women in the food and beverage industry in Philadelphia. Topics of conversation will include building brands as females, professional and personal stories, lessons learned, building respect, cultivating loyalty, and kitchen life.
This event is on Wednesday, July 1 from 2 to 5:30 pm at the The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College. The moderators will be Madison Alpern and Jen Carroll.
- Charlotte Calmels – co-owner, Bibou and Le Cheri
- Phoebe Esmon – head bartender, Emmanuelle
- Laura Frangiosa – chef-owner, The Avenue Deli
- Monica Glass – executive pastry chef, Sbraga Dining
- Chloe Grigri – general manager, The Good King Tavern
- Joy Manning – editor, Edible Philly; recipe editor, Zahav cookbook
- Marisa McClellan – writer, Food in Jars, Preserving by the Pint, and more
- Erin O’Shea – chef-owner, Percy Street Barbecue
- Valerie Safran – co-owner, Lolita, Barbuzzo, Jamonera, Little Nonna’s, and more
- Marie Stecher – pastry chef-instructor, The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College
- Heather Thomason – head butcher, Kensington Quarters
- Alice Tran – general manager, Laurel
Tickets are $15 for students, $25 for industry, and $40 for non-industry. Use the code “JARSVIP” to get 20% off admission. Drinks and snacks will be provided. Get your ticket here.