Here we are with the third installment of my brief gift guide series. In the title of this post, I call this a guide for your favorite home cook, but really I had my sister in mind when I put this list together. She has two young boys, cooks a lot, and loves to have friends over casual dinners. If you’ve got someone like her on your list, I imagine they’d love any one of the items on this list.
1. How to Celebrate Everything – This book by Dinner: A Love Story blogger Jenny Rosenstrach is perfect for parents of young kids who are in the process of building their family rituals and traditional celebrations.
2. A Beautiful Cutting Board – A lovely board is an easy way to up your cheese board game and make it look like you’ve put more effort into your array of snacks than you did.
3. Wooden Weck Jar Lids – These pretty lids transform Weck jars into storage canisters. They come in a variety of sizes and would make a fabulous present for a jar lover.
4. Tart Cherry Jam from Three Springs Fruit Farm – A delicious preserve for someone who loves tart cherries but either can’t get them in their region, or just didn’t have time to can this summer. It’s been made with my recipe, so you know it has to be good. If it is no longer available, I stand by any of the other jams and butters available! Use the code FoodInJars at check-out for 10% off your order.
5. Salve from Folk Potions – This time of year is rough on hands, particularly if you cook and do dishes. Treat your favorite cook to a tin of All Purpose Salve-Vation or a jar of Shea Mango Body Butter to prevent those fingertip splits and cracks.
6. Old Blue Raw Honey – Sweet, sustainable, and raised by good people, this honey is some of the best I’ve had. The limited edition Winter Honey Sampler is an especially great option, because it’s a way to taste flavor variations and is really fun to pair with cheese.