I think I’m finally coming to accept that I can’t do everything all the time. I’ve been away from home for the last week and a half, and while I had grand plans to post in this space every day, I just couldn’t make it happen. There have been canning demos, time with my sister and her family, more travel, more demos, and then a wicked 24 hour bout of food poisoning keeping me away.
I’m currently in Atlanta, recuperating under the watchful eye of Lyn from Preserving Now. Tomorrow, I’m headed to Nashville for a class at the Green Door Gourmet (I will be completely recovered by then).
- Tomato and fig jam.
- Rum thyme peach butter.
- Boozy blackberry kumquat jam.
- On preserving peaches.
- How to make jam in the microwave.
- OXO published a handy guide to quick pickling (I offered them a little of my pickle wisdom).
- On pickling beans.
- Pickled smOkra.
- Tarragon dill okra pickles.
- Ten ways to use sauerkraut.
- The days of small batches.
- Jam crumble squares.
- Savory granola bars.
- Atlanta is getting a Learning Kitchen, which will offer classes devoted to canning, pickling, fermenting, bread baking, and home cooking. Check out the Indiegogo campaign here!
I never officially announced the winner of the freshTECH HarvestPro Sauce Maker from a couple weeks back. That person is Allison W. I will be in touch soon! And don’t forget, the Fillmore Container giveaway is still going on. You can enter here!