2017 Classes and Events
- September 27 (Haddonfield, NJ) – Canning demo at the Haddonfield Public Library (topic to be determined). 6:30-8 pm. Free.
- September 30 (Philadelphia) – Canning without added sugar at Greensgrow. 12-2 pm. $40. Register here.
- October 2 (anywhere!) – Live online canning demonstration on facebook.com/foodinjars. 9-10 pm eastern time. Free!
- October 10 (Strafford, PA) – Canning demo at the Tredyffrin Public Library. 6:30-8 pm. Free.
- October 12 (Pennington, NJ) – Canning demo at the Pennington Public Library. 7-8:30 pm. Free.
- October 19 (Mullica Hill, NJ) – Canning demo at the Gloucester County Library Mullica Hill branch. I’ll demonstrate how to make flavorful and well-set jam using frozen fruit! 6:30-8 pm. Free.
- October 22 (Chestnut Hill) – Introduction to canning workshop at the Morris Arboretum. This is a hands on session, in which we’ll use a basic ratio to build a batch of jam and then process it in a water bath canner for shelf stability. Everyone will go home with a jar of jam. 1-3 pm. $40/45. Register here.
- November 28 (Philadelphia) – In this Local Mouthful class, Joy and I will teach a hands-on soup making class at the Free Library of Philadelphia. 6-8 pm. $15. Sign up here.
Public Demos and Workshops
I am available to teach canning demos at libraries, festivals, and other public events. Fees for those services vary. I am currently booking dates for all of 2017. If you’re interested in booking me for an event, please drop me a note at email@example.com for more information or to inquire about pricing and availability.
Opportunities for private classes are occasionally available within the Philadelphia region. Please contact me for pricing and availability.