Pomona’s Pectin on Clearance at Williams-Somona

pomona's pectin

Since the weather has been improving, I’ve been treating myself to an afternoon walk a couple times a week. It’s so nice to get out of my apartment for half an hour, move around a little and generally feel like I’m part of the world.

A couple of days ago, I was on one such walk and found that my feet had taken me right to the front door of my local Williams-Somona (it’s a dangerous thing to have one just six blocks away). I wandered in, promising myself that I was just there to browse (and drool over the new Vitamix S30. Have you seen that thing? I am having serious blender envy).

However, I spotted a deal that was too good to pass up. Pomona’s Pectin reduced to $3.99 a box. It’s not a huge discount, but enough of a price cut that I picked up four boxes, which is more than enough to get me through a couple years of canning (and Pomona’s Pectin never expires, so it’s good as long as it lasts).

If you have a Williams-Sonoma and use Pomona’s Pectin, I recommend picking up a box or two.

8 Responses to Pomona’s Pectin on Clearance at Williams-Somona

ColleenB. says:

The closest Williams-Sonoma store for me is roughly about 30 miles away and have never used Pomona’s Pectin

Tammy B. says:

I once bought 16 boxes of Pomona’s Pectin at a charity shop in Austin, Texas for $1 each. I’d never used it before. I did notice that there was no expiration date on the boxes. I opened one of the boxes and read the instructions. I took a leap of faith that my purchase would pan out — no pun intended. : ) It did work out. That was probably 5 years ago and I still have some left! : )

I purchase mine in bulk quantity online from Workstead Industries – they sell it by the pound, or 1/2 pound, along with an appropriate amount of the calcium powder. Have used it for over 30 years, love it!

Lynne says:

Excellent!!!! I live in Canada, in a spot where there are no WS stores, but I’m traveling to Chicago this weekend, so I am definitely picking some up!!!

LJM says:

After you mix up the calcium water and place it in a jar in the fridge, can you keep and use it indefinitely, or does it expire?

Danita says:

I was going to make your strawberry jam that calls for 2 packages of liquid pectin. How would I go about substituting Pomona pectin? What liquid pectin do you use?

ryan says:

I’m making pomona’s strawberry jam recipe right now, and it calls for 4cups strawberry mash, 2t of pectin, 2t of calcium water (both included) and as little as 3/4cup sugar.