My yearly order of Meyer lemons arrived from the Lemon Ladies on Saturday and I can’t wait to dig in and preserve them in a bunch of different ways (this post details some of my favorite ways to transform them). I also have some good pieces coming up this week, including a tutorial on how to pressure can dried beans, a plan for all those questions you guys asked me in this post, a new Preserves in Action, and a peek inside one of my current favorite cookbooks. Now, links!
- Want to have a jar with a pour spout? The Kitchn shows you how to make one.
- A trick for quick jar labeling.
- Cinnamon apple snack cake. I want anything with the words snack cake in the name.
- I’ve got half a dozen rapidly ripening pears on my counter. This loaf looks ideal!
- Want a change from a tomato-based salsa? How about this dried chile version.
- Purple mustard!
- I adore quiche. This mushroom leek goat cheese version seems pretty darn divine.
- Parsnip cake with candied kumquats. Could anything be more perfectly seasonal?
Now it’s time to announce the winners of the new Ball Heritage Green Jars. This giveaway set an entry record for this site and I’m so happy to be able to share these jars with ten winners. And now, here they are!
- #1 – Constance
- #446 – Brenda P.
- #512 – Melissa Schemenauer
- #865 – Janet R.
- #1235 – Connie
- #1332 – Sherry
- #1619 – Dawn Stark
- #2405 – Nancy L.
- #2612 – Jen
- #2758 – Helaine
If you didn’t win, fret not. I’ll have another fun giveaway on Wednesday.