August is here and the tomatoes are coming! Here are some of the places you’ll find me in the next few weeks! I’ll be talking jam, vinegar pickles and lots of tomatoes, so don’t miss it!
- August 7 – Jam class at The Brooklyn Kitchen in Brooklyn, NY. Last I heard, there were still four spots available in this hands-on class. We’ll make two kinds of nectarine jam, one with Pomona’s Pectin, and one batch without any additional pectin at all.
- August 8 – Free canning demo and book signing at the Marple Township Library in Broomall, PA. Festivities start at 7 pm. Click here for more info.
- August 10 – Pickles at Indy Hall! This class will focus on vinegar-based pickles. A deeply hands-on class, students will make quick cucumber and preserved green bean pickles and will take both varieties home to compare and contrast. There are just two spots left in this class. First come, first serve!
- August 12 – Free jam and water bath canning demo at the Santore Library in South Philadelphia. The demo starts at 6 pm. More information is here.
- August 15 – Tomato canning workshop at Reading Terminal Market. This event is sold out!
- August 17 – A massive tomato canning workshop at Blooming Glen Farm in Perkasie, PA. I’m going to set up a bunch of burners and we’ll can enough tomatoes for everyone to take home 2-3 quarts (final yield will depend on how much we’re able to get through that day). It costs $75 and will be a sweaty, fun, productive day. Click here to sign up.
- August 18 – Canning demo and book signing at Wyebrook Farm, with a few tastes of preserves from my pantry. I’ll make a batch of spiced plum jam and will have books to sign. The event starts at 2 pm. Click here to sign up.
- August 20 – Spicy Tomato Chutney class from 6:30 – 8:30 pm at the Plymouth Meeting Whole Foods Market. Click here to sign up!