Strawberry Picking at Rowand Farms

In an effort to switch things up a little, today I have a post of pictures and no (or at least, not very many) words. These are from a recent trip to pick strawberries at Rowand’s Farm in Glassboro, NJ. The strawberries and sweet cherries are now done for the season, but if you’re in the area, I hear they’ll have sour cherries through the weekend.

Rowand Farm Market
strawberries
upick boxes
strawberry boxes
rows of strawberries
strawberry fields
hidden strawberries
berries at the farm market
nine pounds of strawberries

15 Responses to Strawberry Picking at Rowand Farms

Christine says:

The big pile of strawberries is so luscious! I always used to get strawberry desserts for my June birthday, requested them so often I became the “strawberry girl” which made discovering the Siouxie and the Banshees song “Christine” even cooler.

Esther Reeves says:

Very jealous, due to very cold weather through the spring here in the UK everything is very late and the local PYO still don’t have enough ripe strawberries to open. They think it will be the end of june !

morningglory612 says:

Don’t forget – they’re closed on SATURDAY! If you go this weekend, go on Sunday.

Wendy Read says:

Your strawberries look gorgeous! My older brother went to Glassboro State College, so I am a bit familiar with the area, haven’t been for more than 30 years though! (showing my age) Glad you had fun :)

E. Conley says:

Marisa, Ive a question. My neighbor prefers a seeded blackberry, could I convert your tiny batch black ras to blackberry? I think a single half pint of jam from the berries on our hill would delight him, greatly.

Robyn says:

lovely!

Julia Q. says:

I’m curious about your tiny corner of unripe strawberries – were those accidents or did you intentionally add in a few to help with flavor or set or….? Thanks for the lovely post!

Lynne says:

OMG YUM. I think I need to take my kids strawberry picking this weekend.

Cindy G. says:

I think I missed strawberry season around here, but blueberries will be ready soon. Plus, I have a crop of wild raspberries growing in my yard right outside my back door. Last year, I didn’t pick any (gasp!), but this year, I’ll be getting as may as I’m able and preserving as I go.

Sherri says:

I’m making the strawberry jam from your book. I have the berries in the fridge with the vanilla. Ok I didn’t have beans so I used liquid.

How long can I keep it that way before I can? I’m exhausted from making your blueberry jam! Should I freeze or will it hold for a few days?

Eboni says:

OMG…scrolling through the blog and noticed you were in my old neighborhood. Nothing was better than the smell of the strawberries from the field and picking cherries with my Dad. Loved the post!