- Somewhat recently, The Kitchn started a daily cookbook feature. Most of the time, they focus on new releases, but last week, the selected book was my favorite preserving bible, So Easy to Preserve. A very good selection!
- Whipped feta! Who knew this was within the realm of possibility?
- These are essentially homemade Lara bars, molded into truffle shapes and dipped in chocolate. They are on my list for this week.
- A short meditation on the jar, that most useful kitchen tool!
- Kaela always makes the most lovely things and this salted cranberry grapefruit jam is no exception.
- I so loved this post from Sarah at The Yellow House about her grandparents, their family reunions and her grandma’s basement full of home canning.
- Meyer lemon and Earl Grey sponge custards.
- My hands have been drier than normal this winter. When my last batch of homemade olive oil/bee’s wax slather runs out, I plan to try this homemade body butter. I like the idea of adding in coconut oil!
And, a few of my pieces from the last week.
- I did a small batch of spiced preserved lemons for Simple Bites. I love what the cinnamon stick does to their fragrance.
- I tried a few recipes from Casey Barber’s new book, Classic Snacks Made from Scratch. The pudding pops were particular winners.
- Finally, that sandwich up above? It’s from a post I did for the FN Dish post about Guy Fieri’s Leg ‘o Lamb sandwich. It was delicious, but a very chef-y recipe.
Time for winners! It was fun to read all the ways that you guys make your daily mugs of tea, coffee, and cocoa (I didn’t realize how many people rely on their microwaves to heat up water!).
Our new kettle owners are numbers 31 (roc), 242 (Sarah), 402 (Jennifer), 650 (Ann), 721 (JoAnn), 800 (Stephanie), 883 (Danielle), and 947 (David). I hope that you all enjoy your new Hamilton Beach Electric Programmable Kettles!
Thanks to all who entered!