Driscoll’s Berries Canning & Preserves Twitter Chat Tonight!

strawberries

Hey folks! We are in the heat of canning season, and I know for many of you, that means you have lots of questions about processing times, sugar amounts and the best kinds of fruits and berries for jamming. I’ve teamed up with Driscoll’s Berries in order to throw an hour-long Twitter chat tonight from 7 – 8 pm eastern time.

Anyone can join in, however, if you want a chance to win one of five $20 Driscoll’s gift certificates, you’ve got to RSVP. Click here to get on the list!

If you’ve got a question you want to make sure gets an answer, you can tweet it now. Include the hashtag #berriesinjars and call out either @DriscollsBerry or @foodinjars (that’s me) and I’ll make sure to add you to the queue.

I’m looking forward to chatting with you all tonight!

6 Responses to Driscoll’s Berries Canning & Preserves Twitter Chat Tonight!

Tami Mullis says:

I would love to be able to change out all of my plastic kitchen containers to the glass lock-n-lock to make my kitchen healthier. It doesn’t matter how many times you wash good quality ones they always seem to get stained.

pat m says:

I’d love to win one of the certificates. Strawberry picking lead me to learning how to can and preserve. Strawberry preserves and strawberry leather in the dehydrator were my first efforts in keeping summer alive in the winter.

Melinda says:

I would love to be able to replace more of my plastic storage containers with glass ones and get the glass popcorn popper to make my favorite snack more healthful.

Nell says:

I would also like to change out all my plastic to glass!

Carolyn Hecker says:

I’m a new comer to canning, and although I am new, I have picked up some excellent advice on the various web sites. I canned peach half’s, using honey in one batch, and low to no sugar pectin, medium sugar in another. I prefer the no to low sugar recipe the best, as the juice is excellent, and does not go to waste. I attempted apricots, but used liquid pectin, and did not set well. The blueberry jam turned out yummy! i’m attempting apple butter, and preserves, so would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks Carolyn

Theresa says:

I wish to buy all new pots that are not non-stick coated