Food in Jars on AM Northwest

Earlier today, I did a brief pickling segment on AM Northwest. I grew up watching this local Portland morning show, so it was definitely something of a thrill to find myself on that set. Take a peek, if you’re so inclined!

11 Responses to Food in Jars on AM Northwest

Robin says:

Awesome! You looked great and the piece was really fun. Congrats!

jennifer says:

I really love the book. I’ve already made a relish, 3 different kinds of pickles, and one of the mustards and i’ve just had it a month!

I was wondering if you’d be willing to do a blog entry outlining more specifics about pressure canning- i know in the book you said you could pressure can many low-acid foods that wouldn’t be safe in water baths but what things shouldn’t you pressure can? is there a ph cutoff for instance?

Janet says:

very warm, very professional! love the book and think you’re awesome!

Angie Allen says:

This was a great segment and it was fun seeing you and hearing your voice-now I will hear it as I read your great posts! I am enjoying the book so much, it is really lovely and I’m looking forward to putting my skills to the test as my produce from my garden comes on. Congrats!

Carol says:

Coincidentally, I’m visiting Portland this week also! I really enjoyed this TV segment – always good to put a face and voice to a person whom I love following. Now I’ll hear your voice in my head as I refer to your book, which is in my kitchen at home in Oklahoma.

Rachel says:

Excellent interview – I think you did a great 30-second description of how water-bath canning works. It looks like you were having a lot of fun, as well – not nervous at all.

Roze says:

Ohhhhh, isn’t this how Rachel Ray started??? Oh my, I think you are on your way to celebrity chef status…er…celebrity canning guru status!!! That was a great segment and he asked all the right questions for the audience to learn! For such a short piece, it was quite informative!

JoAnn R says:

Your book is on its way as I type. Yea! Love the Portland Pickling segment. After watching you show how easy it is I think I will expand my pickling repertoire this year. Thanks so much!! BTW the Plum Star Anise Jam is heavenly…….yummmmmmm

Linda Crosbie says:

Thanks for another great giveaway! I could sure use this knife!

AWESOME presence!! I see great success in your future. You are a natural with an audience. Congrats and wishing you much more fun in this foodie endeavor.

Great video! Congrats!
    I can’t wait until its cucumber season around here…