Homemade Yogurt in Mason Jars

My personal yogurt consumption goes up and down. I’ll go for weeks eating it every day and then suddenly, I’ll stop and a month will go by before I have it again. I have no good explanation for this. It’s just the way things happen in my edible world.

I’m currently is a very pro-yogurt phase. I’ve been eating more than a quart a week and started feeling guilt about consuming so many plastic containers. It was time to restart my homemade yogurt habit.

thermometer in milk

Truly, making yogurt at home couldn’t be easier. I stop doing it out of laziness, but once I force myself back into the routine of it, I’m always glad (sounds like so many things in life, doesn’t it?).

The first step is to heat the milk to 190-200 degrees F. You can use any milk you’d like. I made this batch using six cups of whole, un-homogenized milk (because it’s not homogenized, the cream will rise to the top, leaving me with a gorgeous, rich upper layer).

cooling milk

Once it reaches that temperature (take care not to let it boil), you want to cool the milk down to 120 degrees F. I do this by filling my sink with cold water and placing the pot in. The water helps reduce the temperature quite rapidly, so don’t walk away during this step.

pouring milk

Once it has cooled to 120 degrees F, whisk two tablespoons of yogurt into the milk. Over the years, I’ve tried using various amounts of yogurt to start my batches and I’ve actually found that the smaller amounts work better than larger amounts. A tablespoon for every 3-4 cups of milk just seems to work perfectly.

There was also a time during which I stirred some dry milk into each batch of yogurt I made. I’d heard it made for a thicker yogurt. In the end, I decided it had no discernable positive impact on the finished product and, if anything, left me with lumpy yogurt.

ready to incubate

Once you’ve stirred the yogurt in, pour the inoculated milk into your jars. You’ll see that my jars aren’t entirely full. There’s no reason why you can’t fill them up to the top. I just didn’t have enough milk in the fridge to make a full batch. However, I filled the jars evenly because I wanted to ensure that they’d process at the same rate.

A note about the starter yogurt you use: Make sure to use a yogurt that you like. There are a number of different yogurt bacterias out there and they all turn out slightly different yogurts. Splurge on the starter in order to make something you’re happy with.

cooler for yogurt

There are a number of ways you can keep your yogurt warm during it’s process. Some people have little machines. Others pop the jars in the oven with the light on. I’ve even heard that you can use a slow cooker or hot pads.

After trying all those methods, I’ve come to prefer using a cooler for this step (hat tip to the Frugal Girl for introducing me to this method). This Little Playmate holds two quart jars perfectly. I got it at a thrift store several years ago for a couple dollars, which has always pleased me.

jars of milk in cooler

Place your filled jars into the cooler and add hot tap water until they’re submerged, but not floating. You want the water to be around 120-125 degrees F. I’ve found that this is exactly how hot my hottest tap water is, so I use that. Makes life easy, too.

homemade yogurt

Once the jars are in the cooler and it’s filled with water, close it and tuck it out of the way for 6-7 hours. You can go as long as 8-9 hours, but keep in mind that the longer it sits, the more pronounced its tang will be. When I was working, I’d often start a batch of yogurt just before I left the house in the morning and let it process all day. It made for a tart yogurt, but I loved the simplicity of it.

When the time is up, remove the jars from the cooler and place them in the fridge. Use your homemade yogurt like you would any other kind of yogurt. If you’re interested in transforming your yogurt into a thicker product (along the lines of greek yogurt), all you do is strain it. Well Preserved has a good post on that, as well as suggestions for using up the resulting whey.

For those of you who regularly make yogurt, do you have any tips to share?

193 Responses to Homemade Yogurt in Mason Jars

SnowCat MacDobhran says:

I wanted desperately for Frugal Girl’s cooler method to work for me, but I failed miserably 3 times – I think the cooler I used was too big, my house is too cold and my thermometer was not responsive enough.

I now use Little Miss Cruciferous’ method in a soft sided cooler that fits 6 quart canning jars perfectly and bought a better thermometer. I use whole milk (it’s actually 4%!) heat to 180F, cool to 105F, whisk in starter, pour into jars, fill other jars with boiling water, make it before bed, and come next morning I have 3 quarts of firm yogurt.

I used a single serving of plain Dannon yogurt as my starter, and I now just use some of last week’s batch to make this weeks batch.

My BIL’s father, a central European immigrant, just puts a pitcher of milk on the counter, whisks in some starter, and 2 days later he has yogurt he puts back into the fridge. (*!*)

I’m so glad you found a method that works for you! I imagine that your BIL’s father uses a different starter culture. There are some varieties that will turn into yogurt at room temperature. Two days seems like a long time, though. That might make me nervous.

katherine says:

I usually turn a plastic storage box on its side, wrap my containers in a towel and put them in it with a space heater aimed at them from about 12 inches away (usually overnight)
      I could never get the cooler method or the oven method to work for me either, I live on the cold central coast :[

Anne Tatgenhorst says:

The hot water method in a cooler works for me, and I have a cold house. But, in addition to the hot water bath I also wrap my cooler in a Bulgarian Wool blanket. I suppose you could use any wool blanket, but the Bulgarians often wrap their yogurt in wool to incubate, so I use my Bulgarian blanket around my cooler. Works every time.

Elma Melland says:

You…are…my…hero!!! I cant think a thing like this exists within the net! Its so real, so straightforward, and much more than you dont sound like an idiot! Last but not least, somebody who understands the best way to speak about a topic devoid of sounding like a kid who didnt get that bike he desired for Xmas.

Monna says:

Great post. But you should delete the above comment. It’s spam & could lead your readers to a site that could endanger their computers.

Ted says:

I make yogurt about once a month in a big, 1/2 gallon jar that fits the white plastic lids. It just about holds a half gallon of milk, which works out because we don’t really drink much milk. I heat the milk in a double boiler (mixing bowl over a stock pot) to prevent scorching. I use a small cooler filled with hot tap water to maintain the temperature over night.

I’ve found that the peak temperature you bring the milk up to has a huge effect on the thickness of the final product. Below 175 F the proteins don’t denature enough- the yogurt comes out runny. Still good in a smoothie or lassi though. One batch I made got up to 195F came out really chunky and was almost inedible. I generally try to hit 180 F. This seems to give optimum texture using whole milk and Chobani as a starter. I often whisk in a packet of dry, nonfat milk. It definitely makes the yogurt thicker. I add the starter at about 115-120F. I find that I need a fresh starter after every fourth batch.

The little bit of whey that collects on top of the yogurt is perfect for starting any type of lactic fermentation- sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, etc. A 5% salt brine works for almost any veggie.

caseyOR says:

Where did you get those white plastic jar lids?

Ted says:

They’re made by Ball, so most places that carry canning products will have them. They range in price quite a bit. I’ve seen a box of 8 of them go for as little as $3 and as much as $16.

• Susan says:

I just ordered them off Amazon with free super saver shipping. It was about $11 for 2 boxes of 8 lids (one of each size).

Sarah says:

You can get them at Walmart for cheap. Never pay $16 for those lids…they aren’t near that much at Walmart.

Don says:

The cooler method works great for me. I have been using a heating pad in the bottom of the cooler instead of hot water to maintain a temperature between 95 – 110 F. On sunny days I take advantage of the free energy by setting the cooler on the deck where it will get sun for the 8 to 12 hours needed for the culture to do its thing. We like our yogurt on the thick side, so I make one gallon batches in a large pot that gets strained to remove about three pints of whey, then transfer into pint jars. The whey goes into bread dough, compost, or dog food, but never wasted.
    Making yogurt is almost foolproof and flexible. The important points are making sure the temperature of the milk gets up to 180F (for safety) and is then cooled below 120F (so the live culture survives). I let the culture set for 8 to 12 hours with similar results. As long as you maintain a cozy environment between 90 – 110 F, everything should come out tasty.

Oh, I’m so glad my method is working out for you, Marisa! I make a gallon of yogurt almost every week using this recipe and I’ve been doing it for about 4 years now.

I’m still kind of amazed every time I take the jars out of the cooler and find yogurt…it’s so awesome.

And I LOVE that my trash production is lower this way. Yay for Mason jars!

Joel says:

To make a thicker product in a way that uses up the whey, I sometimes stir in dry steel-cut oats and let them absorb whey and enzymes. They break down a little, as they would during cooking, but they stay more toothsome than rolled oats would.

It’s a different sort of food than plain yogurt, but it makes for a more balanced portable snack, in my experience.

GG Mora says:

I’m a cyclical yogurt maker, too. Over the years, I’ve found that powdered probiotics from a natural foods store are a great way to culture yogurt, as the bacterial potency and strain are guaranteed…and it spares you the irony of having to buy yogurt to make yogurt. I currently use Solaray Multidophilus, which contains l. acidophilus, l. bulgaricus, and b. bifidus bacteria. Produces a nice clean tang; also great for culturing cream for butter.

I used to be able to get it in plain powdered (uncapsulized) form, but now seem only to find it in capsules (it’s not that bis a big deal to pop a capsule open). I use about 1/2 teaspoon per quart of milk, but should probably play around with the quantity. If I made yogurt more often, I’d probably experiment with a few different bacterial strains (most commercial yogurts have some l. thermophilus in them).

Andrea says:

I’ve found it nearly impossible to keep up with a vegetable garden, or learn to sew, or even do more than one canning project a year. However, yogurt making is so quick and easy even I can keep up with it. I make a quart of yogurt in a mason jar a couple of times a week. My three-year old and I consume most of it. I use a super-simple method: heat until there are bubbles around the edges of the milk in the pan and it is steaming a good amount, hold for a few minutes, cool to 110 degrees, poor into mason jar, mix in a spoonful of yogurt from previous batch, cover and let rest in the oven with pilot light overnight. Stove is so old it doesn’t have a light inside. Also, I turn the oven on low for about 2 minutes to warm it up before putting milk+yogurt mixture in.

Question: my yogurt sometimes has pockets of very unappetizing curdled bits. Has anybody had experience solving this problem?

Thanks for all the yogurt-making wisdom on the blog. Very helpful!

Anne Tatgenhorst says:

I got curdled bits too when I started making yogurt. I used to let it cool on the stove and never stirred it. I find that if you stir it often as it heats, and again when it cools (I now cool in a cold water bath), then there are no curdles.

Thank you for sharing this process. I have been scared to try making yogurt but your explanation of the process sounded so easy I gave it a try. It came out a bit runny but I think that is because I used some 2% milk with whole milk. I will have to try all whole milk next time. I am happy with it being my first try and all.

Robinson says:

I loved this method. It worked beautifully for me. The only place I went wrong is in how long I strained it in order to end up with something closer to “Greek” yogurt. The time range suggested in the linked to article was much too long. After the minimum time suggested I had something along the lines of cream cheese – which will be put to good use.

JC says:

Thiz is fantastic! I make Greek yogurt at home regularly and find that my half pint jars filled to 6 ounces are perfect. I’m in the camp that adds powdered milk to each batch to thicken it rather than straining afterwards and the end result is comparable to Fage brand Greek yogurt in ready to grab sized servings. I also let mine sit in my cooler for about 15 hourts to get that nice and tart flavor. Agoes so perfectly with a drizzle of honey or some fresh berries. I have one jar marked as starter, to remind myself not to use up the whole thing, but to save part of it for the next batch.

Dianna Olukotun says:

I want to try to make yogurt but I don’t want to have to drain it in order to get the consistency of Greek yogurt. How much powdered milk do you add to your yogurt and at which step? Thank for the help 🙂

LDB says:

Quick question…can you freeze the starter yogurt so you will have some for the next time you make a batch (I read this on another blog)?

I’ve not done that myself, so I can’t speak to whether it works. I’ve heard that too, though.

Aaron B says:

LDB, yes, I freeze my starter and the three batches I’ve made with thawed starter have come out fine. Just try to make sure the freezing process is as quick as possible–cool it off in the fridge first, and then put it in the coldest part of your freezer.

JoAnn R says:

Marisa,

I made my first batch of yogurt Saturday and it is simply amazing. I never knew how easy it really is to make. This will definitely not be the only batch I make because we eat so much yogurt around our house. I am curious though, to know how long the yogurt will stay fresh in the refrigerator. Any thoughts? Thanks so much and keep blogging! You are a treasure on the net…

Lory W says:

This is the only yogurt making method that has ever worked for me! Thank you!

Tamar says:

I finally worked up the courage to try making yogurt tonight. Thanks for making it seem so easy! I have mine resting in a warmed oven (Once it was preheated to the lowest temperature I turned it off and opened the door until it came to 120, then put the jars in and closed the door). I actually used Greek honey flavored yogurt as my starter. I read a few other comments on other sites that said they had success with this, so fingers crossed.

Catherine says:

The timing of me reading this post is impeccable. I have seen this method before and even purchased the ingredients but never made the yogurt. Then I read another blogger (it could have been facebook actually) and they had a link to your post. I had it bookmarked to read later but hadn’t read it yet. I was obsessing over the size cooler I had. I didn’t want one too big and all I have are the large size that we use for camping.

It just so happened that last night that I looked up and noticed the little coleman personal8 cooler was just sitting up there a lonely. I thought to myself, “surely, this could work”. After all, I did see Alton Brown do something like this with a smaller vessel and a warming blanket (I really didn’t want to use a warming blanket as I don’t have one already). Thankfully, last night I started reading the post and saw that you used a small cooler too! Coincidence? I think not!

Thanks for the inspiration! As a bonus, I went to my local New Seasons Market for some “good” milk and found some great options. Both local! Woo Hoo!

As a side note, I hope to have the opportunity to meet you when you come to Portland (I live on the other side of the river in Vancouver)

Theresa Sea says:

Have you tried it with Soy milk? Cows milk gives me a bellyache, but I really don’t like the texture of store-bought soy milk…so when I saw this post, I got kind-of excited about the prospects! 🙂

Theresa Sea says:

*soy milk yogurt, that is.

• Nancy says:

When my husband has cow’s milk it really messes him up, but he can eat yogurt made from cow’s milk and it actually helps him with his digestion. The yogurt making process actually eats up the lactose and of course the probiotics helps in digestion. If you really want to make soy yogurt you need to buy cultures designed specifically for soy and other alternative milks.

I’ve not tried it with soy milk before. However, if you search for homemade soy milk yogurt, you’ll find some instructions.

Michele says:

Thank you for simplifying this for me! I’m new to your website and love it. I didn’t have a small cooler, so I transferred the warmed milk to a crockpot set on warm and left overnight.
    In the morning I had thick, Greek yogurt like yogurt ready to be flavored. Delicious! Since I used whole milk, it’s like eating ice cream!

Rosemary says:

Thank you so much! I made this on Friday and it turned out INCREDIBLE! Totally smooth, amazing yoghurty texture. I used four cups whole and two cups low fat (in Ireland this is around 1.5%) and Glenisk whole natural yoghurt. I got distracted and went to a party so I actually left it somewhere warm for 14 hours instead of 8. 🙂 It’s perfect. Absolutely delicious. Thank you!
    Two questions:
    1. How long does it keep for? I’m guessing as long as normal yoghurt?
    2. Can you use the yogurt you made as the starter for the next batch?

[…] wrote the canning cookbook that has sparked this obsession. The specific yogurt recipe can be found here. Pretty much, take a half gallon of milk (any kind, fat free or whole), heat it up to 190 degrees, […]

Barbara says:

Hi,
    In this hot summer, I have been leaving my yogurt on my back porch and the yogurt comes out perfect! (live near DC)
    A tip…I have a double oven so in the winter I put the yogurt in the upper oven with the light on and put the lower oven on to 200. No need to keep it on all day, but periodically to warm it up..and if you forget…won’t be overheated.
    I also start with everything warm…jars, starter at room temp, oven preheated..
    And for an extra special treat..try making with 1/2 and 1/2 (very low carb this way!)
    Barbara

[…] you don’t have a nifty yogurt maker, you can use your oven or a cooler or even a thermos – just warm up the interior of the thermos with some hot water, pour in […]

[…] Food in Jars–how to use cooler to make yogurt […]

[…] been using this method to make our yogurt.  I’ve found that using 6 cups of reduced fat milk (2%) and 3 tablespoons of […]

Cyndi says:

I am also an on-again-off-again yogurt maker. Today I am on again. I have a Revel 18- quart Roaster Oven with three inserts in the top that are perfect for making yogurt. I put hot water (2″) in the bottom of the oven and turn it to 150 degrees before I start heating up my milk. After cooling down the milk and adding the starter, I divide the mixture between the three inserts, turn off the oven and put the lid back on. I cover the whole oven with a thick towel or blanket and let it set overnight. In the morning–voila! Perfect yogurt!

Cyndi says:

I forgot to mention to remove the metal inserts while the oven is heating up so they won’t be too hot for the cultured milk.

Christy says:

I tried this with 2% and poured it into half-pint jars, which happens to be the perfect serving size for my family. I forgot about the yogurt until right before I went to bed, but it was perfect when I pulled it all out of the cooler! This is my new go-to yogurt recipe.

Emma says:

Thanks. This worked great. I did two small changes. To make this yogurt SCD, I culture for 24 hours, checking to make sure the temperature is correct, by heating up the surrounding water jars as needed. It makes a lactose free yogurt. I also have a small cooler that fits in a larger cooler and will hold the temperature overnight.

Jessica says:

Thanks for sharing I will have to try this at home tonight since I am out of yogurt and have a full gallon of milk left. 🙂 I too get addicted to yogurt for a couple weeks and then just stop for some reason. I am now at that point where I am pro yogurt! I just had a question – How long does the yogurt keep in the fridge for? Thanks again. 🙂

Tonie says:

I LOVE IT! I made my first-ever batch of yogurt last night. My ice chest is larger, so I sat a large pot inside the cooler and filled that with hot water so my jars would have the water up to the top and I wouldn’t have to fill the entire cooler with water. Though I left it for 8 hours, it wasn’t a tangy as I had wanted. So I will leave it longer next time. Thanks for sharing and inspiring! How long will a batch keep?

[…] tutorial is derived from one I found several months back about how to culture your own dairy yogurt. I gave it a try with soymilk, figuring the type of milk couldn’t make THAT much of a […]

Martha says:

My husband makes our yogurt using an 80 oz margarine tub and powdered milk. He simply heats just over 4 cups of water in the micro for 4 min., adds 3-4 cups of milk powder, adds 1/3 cup no-cal sweetener, adds yogurt culture from previous batch, adjusts the temp with ice cubes to 115 or so, and puts the lid on with a probe thermometer stuck through a small hole he drilled in the lid. He puts a heating pad in our Playmate cooler with a clay “bread warmer” on top and a beach towel on top of that. He puts the tub in the cooler and wraps the towel around the container. He sets the heating pad on low with thermometer alarm set at 117. When the alarm goes off a couple hours later, he turns off the heat and lets it sit for another 5-7 hours, puts it in the frig, and the next morning we have wonderful yogurt. Easy as pie! Blessings and good eats!

phillip gaines says:

Been wanting to use powdered milk as I am 47 miles from any store and would like to be able to use dry milk substitutes in a ‘pinch’.
      However, I understand that it must be a certain “type” of powdered milk —Would you mind telling us the brand and ‘type’ of powdered milk that you use? Are there any other adjustments to the process one must make when using this method?

Thank you for your attention to this question!

Michael says:

Hey! Ive been making yogurt every week for awhile. The best method I know to incubate it is two heat some water very hot, about tea making hot, and out it into one half gallon mason jar, or two quart mason jars. Then put it on a suitable table or counter where it can stay for seven hours, and arrange the yogurt jars around it so they are touching. Then put a heavy wool blanket over them, and tuck them in nicely. Maybe two blankets if you are unsure yours will insulate enough. This has never failed me, and is the way people would incubate yogurt before electric ovens and plastic coolers existed. Water is great for holding temperature!

Hope it works for yall.

grammaraising says:

I make yogurt all the time. I can’t justify buying all those little plastic containers. I buy whatever yogurt I want, Chobani, other greek yogurt, whatever… for my starter. I can’t just waste the leftovers from the large container, so I freeze the remainder (after I’ve made a batch) in ice cube trays and them freeze the cubes for another fresh start. After they are frozen, I pop them out of the trays and store the cubes in a zipper type freezer bag. Works great!

Jenny says:

After reading this I’m going to try to make some. My kids love those drinkable yougurts like DanActive. How long do you let it sit for it to be drinkable? Thanks.

Jenny, I’ve never tried to make a drinkable version, so I really don’t know.

Joseph says:

Drinkable?
      One could simply add milk to existing yogurt until it reaches the desired consistency OR shorten the incubation time from (in my case) two hours to one. Just be sure to keep the thinner yogurt cool else it will eventually thicken.

[…] is largely due to a trickle-down effect from Marisa of Food in Jars.  She had an amazing post on homemade yogurt (made in mason jars) that linked to this post.  Her post received a lot of deserved attention and her link helped us […]

[…] is largely due to a trickle-down effect from Marisa of Food in Jars.  She had an amazing post on homemade yogurt (made in mason jars) that linked to this post.  Her post received a lot of deserved attention and her link helped us […]

Joseph says:

For me it’s a matter of experimentation:
    Found that one cup of ‘old’ yogurt per gallon of milk works well.
    I found a small burner on my electric stove will keep the incubation temperature of a covered pot big enough to hold 4 quart ball jars at 110 when it’s set near LOW.

SO?
    1) Place four quart ball jars with “inoculated milk” into the pot
    2) Fill that with 110-120 degree water up to the level of yogurt on the jars
    3) Put a colander upside down on top of the jars
    4) Place a thermometer in a hole in the colander that’s near the center of the jars.
    5) Put the lid on the pot
    6) Set that on the small burner on my electric stove set near LOW.
    7) In two hours the yogurt is done.

[…] on the internet for making homemade yogurt. Here are a few I like: Kitchen Stewardship and Food In Jars.  I have a yogurt maker already because I felt so guilty constantly throwing those little plastic […]

Aimee says:

I made it yesterday with the heating pad method. I used one of those large tin cans that Christmas gift popcorn comes in. Put my jar of yogurt-y milk in the center, wrapped a couple of towels around the jar in case the heating pad had any hot spots, then wrapped the heating pad around that. Tucked in the whole thing with a couple of thick beach towels. It worked! I’m going to experiment with a few of the other “keep warm” methods here because I want to “set it and forget it” (like, overnight, or while I’m at work) but I’m paranoid about leaving a heating pad on and (God forbid) causing a house fire. (I know, I know….) I like the one involving 110 degree water inside a couple of picnic coolers!

[…] day I stumbled upon this post from Food in Jars who referenced this post from The Frugal Girl and I said out loud and unabashedly gleefully… […]

Susan F E says:

I finally made yogurt for the first time and knew I wanted them made & stored in jars so your blog was the first place I wanted to go to. I watched other methods but yours were easy to understand and great photos. I made granola many times and it seemed perfect to have homemade yogurt now. I love having a “Homemade Pantry” and just makes me want to say “I will never buy yogurt again”!:-)

I’m so glad you like this technique so much!

• Susan F E says:

🙂
        One jar came out runny but the other two were thick so I’m not sure if it’s because I didn’t mix in the plain yogurt enough before pouring in the jars. I’ll use it for smoothies.:-)

DENIS COGOLLO says:

HOLA! nesecito saber x cuanto tiempo ,se conserva el yogurt hecho en casa. gracias

Of all the methods I found on line, this was the most straightforward and it worked! My variation was that I poured the milk into the mason jar and set the jar into the pot of water to heat it (like a double boiler) and it worked great. My yogurt could be thicker, but it’s perfect for making lassi and it tastes really good. Using a cooler with hot water was a brilliant idea. No additional energy needed, like with a heating pad or leaving the oven lit. I am so happy with the result! Thanks for a brilliant tutorial.

[…] it up again and, after a few false starts, have had great success using an adapted version of this method, posted by Marisa at Food in Jars, a blog dedicated to canning and […]

[…] people pour the yogurt mixture into jars and place inside of a cooler filled with hot water (110* degrees). This too works if you find that your crock-pot gets too hot […]

[…] So I decided to try my hand at making my own. I followed a tutorial at Food in Jars called Homemade Yogurt in Mason Jars. Once you get into a yogurt-making groove where you use your own yogurt as your starter, you save […]

Sam says:

I’ve been trying for a while to find a method that will keep the temp consistent enough for a good texture. Finally found it this weekend! After seeing some people used their crock pot, I tested mine and the “warm” setting holds it perfectly at 112 F. I put it on the timer (my crock pot isn’t fancy enough to have it’s own, so I use one of those ones people have for lights when they’re not home and Christmas trees and such) for 7 hours and this morning woke up to PERFECT yogurt!

1. This evening’s project(s) « Adventures in Self Sufficiency - July 6, 2012

2. Culture Club « Another Roadside Attraction - July 9, 2012

3. Homemade Yogurt « Scrumptious and Sumptuous - July 17, 2012

[…] Food in Jars–how to use cooler to make yogurt […]

4. Homemade Yogurt « Tasty Easy Healthy Green - July 22, 2012

5. culture your own vegan yogurt & buttermilk « molly alice nests - September 20, 2012

6. WellPreserved | WellPreserved.ca - December 22, 2012

7. WellPreserved | WellPreserved.ca - December 23, 2012

8. Homemade Breakfast | At The Well - January 21, 2013

9. How to make Yogurt - February 2, 2013

10. DIY: Wonderful, Healthful Yogurt (and a Couple of Recipes) - February 23, 2013

11. Homemade Yogurt in a Crock-Pot - So Delicious! - - February 25, 2013