Finding Equipment: Greensgrow Farms in Philadelphia

greensgrow canning cabinet

I was recently out at Greensgrow, an urban farm in Philadelphia’s Kensington neighborhood and got a chance to take a peek at their canning cabinet. They have just about everything a home canner could want (and at competitive prices, too).

Greensgrow
2501 E. Cumberland Street
Philadelphia, PA 19125

If you have a local shop or market with a good selection of preserving tools and equipment, take a picture and send it over along with the store’s information and I’ll feature it here!

10 Responses to Finding Equipment: Greensgrow Farms in Philadelphia

Emily Rae says:

What a fabulous display! Will you feature international pics, too? (Or did local just mean local to Philly?)

marisa says:

My apologies if I wasn’t clear! I’m happy to feature canning displays from all across the world! I just meant local to the person sending it in.

I’m pretty much in love with that cabinet! Other than that, I’ve got all the canning supplies my house can hold, but I love that cabinet & it’s bowing shelves!

Theresa Loe says:

Marisa – I am SO glad you got to visit Greensgrow. We filmed a whole episode there on our PBS show and thought what they have accomplished was amazing. (I’m one of the producers of Growing A Greener World) Now, I am impressed with their canning supplies too! Here is a link to their backstory:

jes says:

ahh, my old stomping grounds. that is one great farm.

Mad Dog says:

I’d love that cabinet full of jars!

Alex says:

Thanks so much for posting this lovely photo! To stock up on supplies — asparagus season is just around the corner! — visit us during our winter farmstand this Saturday, Feb. 4, from 10am-3pm. Other farmstand dates are Feb. 18, March 3/17/31, and April 14. And our nursery opens for the season on March 3!

JenEngland says:

Oooooooh, pretty! I’ll be in Philly for the PA Progressive Summit next week, maybe I’ll sneak out for a bit and get some jars! I neeeeeeeed more jars.

Clint Baker says:

Boy, I wish I had all those in my pantry! I really enjoy your blog!

anitalynette.simmons@yahoo.com says:

That is just the cutest shelf. I would love to paint one that same color. What an inspiration!