Canning is cool & a class update

Red radishes

Canning has been popping up in media outlets all over in recent days and yesterday morning, I added my two cents to the hubbub by appearing on the Fox29 morning show for five minutes. I brought a collection of canning books, half a dozen jars of pickles and jams, two enormous pots and an assortment of canning tools to dress the table and just casually chatted with Michelle Buckman, the consumer reporter. The time flew by and I had a great time. If you weren’t able to catch the segment yesterday, you can see it online here.

Thanks to the Fox29 segment and the piece that appeared in Daily Candy last week, my canning classes at Foster’s are rapidly filling up. I’ve been told that there are just two spots left in the July peach class and classes on pickles and tomatoes are also nearing capacity. If you want to take one of those classes, the time to sign up is now. We’re also considering adding another class or two, if you’re intrigued by that (maybe blackberry jam?), leave a comment so that I can gauge interest.

8 Responses to Canning is cool & a class update

Joy Manning says:

What a great segment, Marisa! Love it.

Fran says:

OK, I signed up for Pickles. Now those cucumbers in the garden better get busy!

Holly says:

By pure cosmic thwarting, I have my Greensgrow Work Share is schedule for the Pickle class AND Tomato class. Any word if you’ll be doing some more classes this fall? I think you should :-) And the segment was awesome!

Thanks Joy!

Fran, I’m delighted that you’ll be in the pickle class.

Oh Holly, what a bummer. I’m still waiting to hear back from Foster’s, but if all the other classes fill up in the next week or so, we’ll definitely add another one. I’ll keep you posted.

oh, Mareesssaah! I’m sorry they spelled your name wrong, so many ways wrong. but you’re oh-so-excellent on camera despite the considerable obstacles. yay canning!

Thanks Sarah! I’m totally with you! Yay for canning!

Meg says:

I would love it if you were able to offer more classes. Blackberry jam sounds heavenly!

Sharon says:

Marisa, I heard about your classes on the 10 show. My daughter and I would love to attend a canning class.